It seems to depend on the default app for PDF you have set, I have used Edge and this function is not available. However if I use Adobe Reader I get this option.
Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer
Hello,
In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.
Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11 unless you moved it.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2025-03-03T20:34:01+00:00 I tried this, clicked on 2 files I need to print, and only a blue icon of multiple pages popped up on the right, but won't let me right click and there are no options for anything. This is so frustrating! I'm just trying to print multiple images on one page. I'm beginning to despise Windows 11 more every day.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-01T14:43:25+00:00 I just DOWN GRADED to windows 11 only to discover this printing issue. Several times a week I will print folders with only a few up to a 1000 image files from explorer. This was the fastest way. Luckily I have one computer still running Windows 7 that I can transfer these files to. This is a HUGE PIA.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-01T17:00:23+00:00 I just DOWN GRADED to windows 11 only to discover this printing issue. Several times a week I will print folders with only a few up to a 1000 image files from explorer. This was the fastest way. Luckily I have one computer still running Windows 7 that I can transfer these files to. This is a HUGE PIA.
I feel you. I'm still running Win 10 and seriously considering moving to Linux.
Win 11 is a POS.
I could mod it and make it bearable, but it's time to abandon Microsoft altogether. Their attitude toward the customer/user is too hostile.