It seems to depend on the default app for PDF you have set, I have used Edge and this function is not available. However if I use Adobe Reader I get this option.
Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer
Hello,
In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.
Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11 unless you moved it.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-01-08T22:29:55+00:00 Today is Jan 8 2024. This problem was raised in 2022 and it is still not rectify. This shows no MS people bother to read this forum.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-28T06:46:58+00:00 Yes, that was the question, that MS didn't understand. Earlier we could print by right-clicking the file, it wouldn't open it, but just print it. A matter of some code that MS forgot to incorporate.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-28T03:09:24+00:00 Bingo! You got it!
-
Anonymous
2023-12-28T02:15:33+00:00 well duh.... that defeats the entire purpose of printing directly from file explorer. which would be NOT HAVING TO OPEN EVERY FILE TO PRINT IT.