It seems to depend on the default app for PDF you have set, I have used Edge and this function is not available. However if I use Adobe Reader I get this option.
Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer
Hello,
In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.
Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11 unless you moved it.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-07T01:17:50+00:00 Good news!! A user here stumbled upon an effective workaround!
Just use Shift+Right-click and it pops the "Show More Options" menu directly. I love our staff. :)
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I can't tell you how much that helped. Going insane having to click "show more options" or open every individual document to print. This the best work around so far. Absolutely ridiculous they removed the print button.
-
Anonymous
2024-05-10T12:02:32+00:00 Move it to the top of the drop down. Why show more options???
-
Anonymous
2024-05-10T02:29:58+00:00 Good news!! A user here stumbled upon an effective workaround!
Just use Shift+Right-click and it pops the "Show More Options" menu directly. I love our staff. :)
-
Anonymous
2024-05-10T00:52:33+00:00 This is a real head scratcher. I can't see any reason this is so messed up right now. My users are really unhappy that they now need to jump through hoops to print. Please Microsoft, reinstate the right-click print option.
I'd be happy to replace the "extremely useful" right click option to edit in Notepad...