Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer

Anonymous
2022-12-19T13:24:20+00:00

Hello,

In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.

Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11 unless you moved it.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-12-20T11:39:52+00:00

It seems to depend on the default app for PDF you have set, I have used Edge and this function is not available. However if I use Adobe Reader I get this option.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T12:57:58+00:00

    It is still there, just burried a bit. You need to go to the bottom of the first list, to "Show More Options." When you click here another long list of options opens and near the top is listed print. I, like you, and regretting I need to make an extra click to go find it as I use it often in my work.

    I wish there was a way to move the option to print to the tool bar within the Folder view!!! Maybe an option to pin it??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T21:17:42+00:00

    But why make it a two-step process? Printing is one of the most common things I do when I right click a file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T12:48:32+00:00

    Not working for me. All I get if I do this for 19 pdfs isImage

    Hi, had the same annoying issue with printing pdf's and checked this case.

    Using SHIFT + right-click worked fine for me enabling the "old" menu.

    Could of course be dependent on the PDF app type being installed, in my case I use "PDF-XChange Editor".

    Another option I used is selecting all PDF's, then right-click + Open. In the PDF app I have an option called "Print all", printing all the PDF's open as tabs. But again, I guess dependent on which PDF app you are using.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T10:52:23+00:00

    Not working for me. All I get if I do this for 19 pdfs is

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments