Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer

Anonymous
2022-12-19T13:24:20+00:00

Hello,

In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.

Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11 unless you moved it.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-12-20T11:39:52+00:00

It seems to depend on the default app for PDF you have set, I have used Edge and this function is not available. However if I use Adobe Reader I get this option.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T20:34:01+00:00

    I tried this, clicked on 2 files I need to print, and only a blue icon of multiple pages popped up on the right, but won't let me right click and there are no options for anything. This is so frustrating! I'm just trying to print multiple images on one page. I'm beginning to despise Windows 11 more every day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T02:50:11+00:00

    Max is 15 Docs, you cant do more than that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-21T21:15:57+00:00

    Well said! Printing a document is a basic, essential command many use daily. I truly don't understand the reasoning behind this change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-14T14:00:00+00:00

    When you right click on the chosen files; the last prompt is "more options". Click it and the "print" prompt is available among others. Yeah, I don't like the extra step either and would love to find out if it can be brought to the first options pull down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments