Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer

Anonymous
2022-12-19T13:24:20+00:00

Hello,

In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.

Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11 unless you moved it.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-12-20T11:39:52+00:00

It seems to depend on the default app for PDF you have set, I have used Edge and this function is not available. However if I use Adobe Reader I get this option.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-27T01:15:33+00:00

    Three quarters of the time when I click on Show More Options the file that was "under" that option on the popup menu gets selected instead of the file I had originally selected and that's what gets printed. This is terrible. I have to open each file to print. At least someone below suggested a shift right click. That seems to work

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-05T23:49:25+00:00

    ฉันมีวิธีจะนำเสนอ แบบที่คุณต้องการ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-01T17:00:23+00:00

    I just DOWN GRADED to windows 11 only to discover this printing issue. Several times a week I will print folders with only a few up to a 1000 image files from explorer. This was the fastest way. Luckily I have one computer still running Windows 7 that I can transfer these files to. This is a HUGE PIA.

    I feel you. I'm still running Win 10 and seriously considering moving to Linux.
    Win 11 is a POS.
    I could mod it and make it bearable, but it's time to abandon Microsoft altogether. Their attitude toward the customer/user is too hostile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-01T14:43:25+00:00

    I just DOWN GRADED to windows 11 only to discover this printing issue. Several times a week I will print folders with only a few up to a 1000 image files from explorer. This was the fastest way. Luckily I have one computer still running Windows 7 that I can transfer these files to. This is a HUGE PIA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments