It seems to depend on the default app for PDF you have set, I have used Edge and this function is not available. However if I use Adobe Reader I get this option.
Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer
Hello,
In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.
Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11 unless you moved it.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-07-07T01:17:50+00:00 Good news!! A user here stumbled upon an effective workaround!
Just use Shift+Right-click and it pops the "Show More Options" menu directly. I love our staff. :)
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I can't tell you how much that helped. Going insane having to click "show more options" or open every individual document to print. This the best work around so far. Absolutely ridiculous they removed the print button.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-28T17:54:12+00:00 I was equally frustrated, but found if you open file explorer, go to view dropdown, down to show and check details pane, a window pops up on the right of file explorer with details of any file you highlight along with an icon you can right click on and print shows up there in the options. It also works if you highlight multiple files, as long as they are the same type of course.
-
Anonymous
2022-12-19T14:00:57+00:00 Hi, I'm Elise, and I'd be happy to help with your issue.
Try click the show more options menu when you right click on the files and see if it is present in there.
Also ensure you have a default printer setup.
Kind Regards,
Elise
-
Anonymous
2023-12-13T23:21:01+00:00 I AGREE! I have to finish this assignment, but I CAN'T NO PRINT OPTION LIKE MICROSOFT WHY? WINDOWS 10 IS BETTER! WINDOWS 11 IS A COMBINATION OF WINDOWS 11 AND WINDOWS NON EXSISTENT!