It seems to depend on the default app for PDF you have set, I have used Edge and this function is not available. However if I use Adobe Reader I get this option.
Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer
Hello,
In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.
Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11 unless you moved it.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-05-10T02:29:58+00:00 Good news!! A user here stumbled upon an effective workaround!
Just use Shift+Right-click and it pops the "Show More Options" menu directly. I love our staff. :)
-
Anonymous
2023-06-27T11:08:48+00:00 This is really unhelpful. It means a lot more clicks to do a simple print without opening a file. Why has Microsoft removed the option to add buttons to the quick access menu?
-
Anonymous
2023-03-05T19:10:00+00:00 I don't know why this should be dependent on what pdf reader you use.
Shouldn't it be baked into File Explorer? Windows 10 had basic layout settings to fit multiple photos on to a page for printing or to save as a pdf layout.
This allowed you to arrange photos quickly onto a page, then the ability to save as a pdf and send in an email.
-
Anonymous
2023-08-02T10:21:52+00:00 You have to go to "see more options" to find the buried 'print' command - what a stupid adjustment.