This is a link to install the same version of Windows 10 that I am running - obviously no one would install an OS to fix a app issue.
DesktopWindowXamlSource now appears on my Win 10 taskbar?
Starting today an invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on my Win 10 Pro taskbar. Closing this window shuts down OneDrive so it has something to do with OneDrive. All updates are installed on this PC. How do I get rid of this annoying icon on the taskbar. Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-01-20T21:17:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-01-21T06:31:40+00:00 Hi everyone, I have the same issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling onedrive. The procedure is not useful. Same situation as before. It is not only ennoying, it also makes the synchronisation impossible: if i work on a file on my current notebook (a lenovo 10th gen i5, win10 pro 22H2 build 19045.2486, updated office365) and then go to another workstation, say the desktop at the office, this will not synchronize as it should the same file and will say something like: onedrive was not able to unify the versions of the file. I have understood so far that microsoft knows the issue. I hope they fix it as soon as possible. In the meanwhile, I will be grateful If someone who has solved with some workaround could point me in the right direction. Thanks a lot
-
Anonymous
2023-01-22T09:05:33+00:00 Ab heute erscheint ein unsichtbares Fenster namens DesktopWindowXamlSource in meiner Win 10 Pro Taskleiste. Durch das Schließen dieses Fensters wird OneDrive heruntergefahren, sodass es etwas mit OneDrive zu tun hat. Alle Updates werden auf diesem PC installiert. Wie werde ich dieses lästige Symbol in der Taskleiste los? Danke.
Ab heute erscheint ein unsichtbares Fenster namens DesktopWindowXamlSource in meiner Win 10 Pro Taskleiste. Durch das Schliessen dieses Fensters wird OneDrive heruntergefahren, sodass es etwas mit OneDrive zu tun hat. Alle Updates werden auf diesem PC installiert. Wie werde ich dieses lästige Symbol in der Taskleiste los.
-
Anonymous
2023-01-22T10:13:48+00:00 Durch Deinstallation und Neuinstallation konnte das Problem nicht behoben werden. Irgendwelche anderen Vorschläge?
Durch Deinstallation und Neuinstallation konnte das Problem nicht behoben werden.
Irgendwelche anderen Vorschläge?
-
Anonymous
2023-01-23T00:03:57+00:00 Andy Bushman's workaround in a thread on this site's msoffice forum works OK for me, though it has some side effects when using multiple virtual desktops as he explains.