DesktopWindowXamlSource now appears on my Win 10 taskbar?

Anonymous
2023-01-10T16:18:40+00:00

Starting today an invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on my Win 10 Pro taskbar. Closing this window shuts down OneDrive so it has something to do with OneDrive. All updates are installed on this PC. How do I get rid of this annoying icon on the taskbar. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-15T00:01:47+00:00

    Kindly don't waste our time with this worthless suggestion and provide an actual solution, "Bernard."

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-15T02:20:54+00:00

    I am not an expert. Everything of mine is fully up to date - applications, OS, 365, One Drive - all of it automatically and confirmed. So likewise, if you have nothing to add then best if you take your own advice to stay silent.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-16T16:43:53+00:00

    https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/oxevb6/comment/h7mim9e/ I updated last night and got the artifact this morning. see link for reedit comment on this issue. Apparently its well known win 11 bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-17T08:30:33+00:00

    This issue also appeared for me yesterday, un- and reinstalling OneDrive didn't help. I got this on my laptop (Windows 10, Build 19044.2364) at work, not on a personal computer.

    Updates are managed by my organization and the last updates have been installed on January 5th, but I got this just starting yesterday, so I don't think it's caused by any updates.

    Can't try out stuff to see if it gets fixed, cause I don't have admin permissions. I need a definite fix for this to have it done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T21:14:25+00:00

    Doesn't work. still have the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments