This worked for me.
- Right click blank area of Desktop
- Select Display Settings
- click MultiTasking
- Set Virtual Desktops "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on" **** to Only the desktop I'm using
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Starting today an invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on my Win 10 Pro taskbar. Closing this window shuts down OneDrive so it has something to do with OneDrive. All updates are installed on this PC. How do I get rid of this annoying icon on the taskbar. Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This worked for me.
Closing the window(s) closes the associated OneDrive instances. Not an acceptable workaround for those of us that use OneDrive.
Several days ago right clicking on the DesktopWindowXamlSource on the task bar and then clicking on "close window" makes it go away until I reboot. Since the window goes away, it is no longer a bother to me.
I love that an uninstall/reinstall didn't fix it so the next option is an in-place upgrade.
Beware that "independent advisor" label lol
This is an error with OneDrive - reinstalling OneDrive does not fix the error.