I can see why this works for most people; unfortunately, I use multiple virtual desktops and often switch between windows open in different ones, so this isn't an option for users like me.
DesktopWindowXamlSource now appears on my Win 10 taskbar?
Starting today an invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on my Win 10 Pro taskbar. Closing this window shuts down OneDrive so it has something to do with OneDrive. All updates are installed on this PC. How do I get rid of this annoying icon on the taskbar. Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-01-26T15:16:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-01-25T18:10:21+00:00 This is interesting - are we all using Windows Virtual Desktops?
I am.
(and just as an aside, you don't need to go to Display settings first - you should be able to just hit the Start Menu (or Win-Key between Control and Alt keys) and type "multitasking" to straight to the multitasking setting page)
-
Anonymous
2023-01-25T18:02:19+00:00 This worked for me.
- Right click blank area of Desktop
- Select Display Settings
- click MultiTasking
- Set Virtual Desktops "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on" **** to Only the desktop I'm using
You fixed the problem. Thank you!
-
Anonymous
2023-01-25T17:49:16+00:00 This worked for me.
- Right click blank area of Desktop
- Select Display Settings
- click MultiTasking
- Set Virtual Desktops "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on" **** to Only the desktop I'm using
-
Anonymous
2023-01-25T17:48:35+00:00 This worked for me.
- Right click blank area of Desktop
- Select Display Settings
- click MultiTasking
- Set Virtual Desktops "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on" **** to Only the desktop I'm using