DesktopWindowXamlSource now appears on my Win 10 taskbar?

Anonymous
2023-01-10T16:18:40+00:00

Starting today an invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on my Win 10 Pro taskbar. Closing this window shuts down OneDrive so it has something to do with OneDrive. All updates are installed on this PC. How do I get rid of this annoying icon on the taskbar. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-02T13:04:26+00:00

    I had the same problem in Win 10. This removed the icon for me. Not elegant, and doesn't sort the root cause but it works.

    1. Right click an empty space on the desktop and select Display Settings from the menu.
    2. From the Settings menu select Multitasking.
    3. Scroll down to Virtual desktops.
    4. In the option "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on", select Only the desktop I am using.

    The icon should disappear. This will cosmetically fix the issue until a new update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-01T06:31:20+00:00

    ok after latest Windows 10 update I have also this issue since yesterday. **** Microsoft how to fix it. ? Solution on this forum isn`t fix. I am using multiple monitors and i need virttual desktop on "all desktops"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T21:57:31+00:00

    same here.

    well, the window on the taskbar annoys me more so I'll use the workaround anyway, but I'd prefer an actual fix for this (one that maybe doesn't reintroduce this issue in a later update again). I need this feature to be turned on so I can see notifications from any application on my main monitor, not just from those that are opened on that same monitor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T18:36:44+00:00

    Thanx, your completely unintuitive simple trick that doctors hate worked perfectly.

    It's why I tell people keeping windows running is witchcraft - just spells and incantations.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-26T20:05:53+00:00

    Yes, I also use multiple desktops and it works for me. I think what happens is because Onedrive spans all virtual desktops and if the feature is on, then it shows the access points for the desktops rather than just the current one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments