DesktopWindowXamlSource now appears on my Win 10 taskbar?

Anonymous
2023-01-10T16:18:40+00:00

Starting today an invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on my Win 10 Pro taskbar. Closing this window shuts down OneDrive so it has something to do with OneDrive. All updates are installed on this PC. How do I get rid of this annoying icon on the taskbar. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T15:23:22+00:00

    This is the only thing that worked for me.

    1. Right click any blank area of the Desktop
    2. Select Display Settings
    3. click MultiTasking
    4. Set Virtual Desktops "On the taskbar, show windows that are open on" **** to Only the desktop I'm using

    The DesktopWindowXamlSource should disappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T18:36:44+00:00

    Thanx, your completely unintuitive simple trick that doctors hate worked perfectly.

    It's why I tell people keeping windows running is witchcraft - just spells and incantations.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-26T15:16:47+00:00

    I can see why this works for most people; unfortunately, I use multiple virtual desktops and often switch between windows open in different ones, so this isn't an option for users like me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T21:17:29+00:00

    This is a link to install the same version of Windows 10 that I am running - obviously no one would install an OS to fix a app issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-24T13:18:37+00:00

    This is an error with OneDrive - reinstalling OneDrive does not fix the error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments