DesktopWindowXamlSource now appears on my Win 10 taskbar?

Anonymous
2023-01-10T16:18:40+00:00

Starting today an invisible window named DesktopWindowXamlSource appears on my Win 10 Pro taskbar. Closing this window shuts down OneDrive so it has something to do with OneDrive. All updates are installed on this PC. How do I get rid of this annoying icon on the taskbar. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T09:30:37+00:00

    To fix this issue:
    Just open cmd (without administrator)
    and type the following command:

    taskkill /f /im explorer.exe & start explorer

    and then close cmd
    Note: this will fix your issue but you may need to do it again on the next startup of your pc
    I hope the OneDrive team fixes this issue soon

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-23T00:03:57+00:00

    Andy Bushman's workaround in a thread on this site's msoffice forum works OK for me, though it has some side effects when using multiple virtual desktops as he explains.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-21T06:31:40+00:00

    Hi everyone, I have the same issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling onedrive. The procedure is not useful. Same situation as before. It is not only ennoying, it also makes the synchronisation impossible: if i work on a file on my current notebook (a lenovo 10th gen i5, win10 pro 22H2 build 19045.2486, updated office365) and then go to another workstation, say the desktop at the office, this will not synchronize as it should the same file and will say something like: onedrive was not able to unify the versions of the file. I have understood so far that microsoft knows the issue. I hope they fix it as soon as possible. In the meanwhile, I will be grateful If someone who has solved with some workaround could point me in the right direction. Thanks a lot

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-16T16:43:53+00:00

    https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/oxevb6/comment/h7mim9e/ I updated last night and got the artifact this morning. see link for reedit comment on this issue. Apparently its well known win 11 bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T21:14:25+00:00

    Doesn't work. still have the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments