Windows Key + V (Clipboard) Not Working

Anonymous
2022-12-25T15:14:52+00:00

Hello, I have had this problem with the Clipboard, when I do the shortcut (Windows Key + V) It does this

It opens up this Transparent Box and a second later it closes, Clipboard History is turned on and it turns off after restart. Any help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T17:26:10+00:00

    Hi, I was having this issue and this was the fix I found... for now at least until it happens again.

    On the Task Manager type "clipboard" in the search bar and that should open the Windows Clipboard then right-click the only option that populates and End Process.

    This should Close and refresh your Clipboard for the next time you use the shortcut CTRL+V.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-02T00:05:21+00:00

    I'm seeing a related problem where when I have an item on the clipboard and click on it, something else other than that item gets pasted to the document.

    For instance, if I have some text on the clipboard and then I screen capture a portion of an app window. Then I want to paste the text into a document, so I Win + V and bring up the history, click on the text, and instead I get the screen snip.

    What is causing that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T23:07:39+00:00

    Thanks this fixed it for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments