same here
What does 'you might need to take action in another window' mean
What does 'you might need to take action in another window' mean?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-01-15T20:23:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-01-19T07:22:38+00:00 same problem
-
Anonymous
2024-02-10T11:34:25+00:00 I encounter this issue for the first time in Feb 2024. I find that pressing window + R and entering wsreset.exe, then 'ok', does not appear to do anything at first. But then, do it anyway.
Then search for the app that says it is still installing, in your Settings. You will see it is there. You can then go ahead and type the name of the app into your search bar and open it normally. Ignore the fact that the Microsoft Store says the app is still 'Installing'.
Windows update installs are a drag and that includes app installation notifications it seems.
-
Anonymous
2024-02-26T10:33:30+00:00 that didnt work for me
-
Anonymous
2024-03-15T03:29:50+00:00 Hey I found a way!
Open Microsoft Store and download whatever you are downloading. Then press window key+R and type "wsreset.exe" it will restart Microsoft Store but the download will continue and it will work!
I hope this helped!
hello Taj-Gamer i did as following and yet the same thing happened do you recommend any other way to fix this problem/bug if so please consider replying. Thank you -Chris vinson