I'm having this issue also, but I get a different error code:
0x800f0831
I tired the above in the hop it would work, but no luck.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
sfc and dism show no problems
trouble shooter finds issues but does not resolve them
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm having this issue also, but I get a different error code:
0x800f0831
I tired the above in the hop it would work, but no luck.
Ok. Let me know the result.
many thanks
I need to run an errand
will do the recommended steps later this afternoon
thanks again
Thanks for the screenshot.
You can remove it as it contains your email address.
Always censor personal information or hide it from the screenshot by selecting only the relevant area using the screenshot tool. The Microsoft Community is publicly viewable.
I suggest doing the following:
Rename the software distribution folders as instructed below:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptsvc
ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak
ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start cryptsvc
If it persists, download and install the update that is having problems manually.
Download the installation package from the link below.
Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.
Which message is shown when running the troubleshooter?
Are you getting an error code? If yes, which one?If you don't get an error code, see the update history.
- Press "Windows + I" and select "Windows Update > Update history".
If you prefer, send a screenshot. Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.
here you go