windows 11 update KB5022303 will not install

Anonymous
2023-01-13T16:32:55+00:00

sfc and dism show no problems

trouble shooter finds issues but does not resolve them

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-19T18:22:08+00:00

    In some cases, installing an update can give errors that many procedures fail to fix.

    Since the previous procedures failed to fix the issue, I suggest you do an InPlace Upgrade. This procedure reinstalls Windows, which helps to fix problems.
    But don't worry. You have the option to keep files, settings, and apps.

    1. Download the Windows 11 ISO file from the link below;
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
    2. Double-click the ISO to run;
    3. On the "Install Windows 11" screen, uncheck "I want to help make the installation of Windows better" and select "Change how Windows Setup download updates";
    4. On the next screen, select "Not right now" and click "Next";
    5. Accept the terms of use;
    6. On the "Ready to install" screen, select "Choose what to keep" and select what you want to keep.
    7. Click on "Install" and wait for the procedure to finish. Your computer may restart several times.

    The update may be installed during InPlace Upgrade. Therefore, it may no longer appear in Windows Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-19T17:34:12+00:00

    this is okie1939

    again thank you for your help, I am baffled as to why I am having so much trouble with this update.

    I did a uninstall, save my data for reinstall on bitdefender

    the uninstall went ok with a message a reboot was needed so I did the reboot option

    I got the message that updates were being applied, which they did update and then bitdefender did the automatic re install

    I went to windows update option and the update kb5022303 was down loaded and applied 100 percent but then I got the error message some updates not installed

    install error ox80070002 which I believe I have received many times before.

    I did the trouble shooter for windows update, it said it found some problems to retry the update, which I did and that update failed as well

    looks like I am back where we started with windows update telling me to retry

    Weird things happening, I have never had issues like this before on windows update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-18T20:00:07+00:00

    I've seen situations where an error occurred when installing an update, but when a new update was released the following month, all the updates were installed correctly.

    But it's not guaranteed. Especially if it's the antivirus that's causing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-18T18:00:37+00:00

    will do this later today or tomorrow

    thanks for your help

    do you think if I wait for the next windows 11 update that version would solve this problems ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-18T17:26:04+00:00

    Thanks for the clarification.

    It could be the antivirus that is causing this problem.

    I think it's unlikely that it's the VPN client. But start by uninstalling the VPN client and see if you can update Windows.

    If it persists, uninstall BitDefender using the uninstall tool provided by the developer and try updating Windows.

    If you want to install BitDefender again later, download and install the latest version from the official website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments