This is what I got
Hope this makes sense to you!!!
Thanks for the help regarding Fast Startup - problem solved
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Okay so the Fast startup fixed the issue?
No your advice on how to recover the Fast startup worked, but it has not stopped the Welcome screen from displaying for 20 seconds!
20 seconds is a long time when waiting to start using my computer
Hi John,
The images you sent me said performance monitor was not able to load, this can only happen if there is corruption of system files in the pc.
So did you run a SFC scan? If not please run a DISM and then SFC
Press Windows Key + X
Select Powershell(admin)
In the box, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
It will take sometime to complete. After it is done run the SFC
sfc /scannow