Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045-2364)
Welcome Screen
how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-01-06T15:25:12+00:00 -
Neil D 34,325 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-01-06T15:35:19+00:00 Then you can carry out a repair as per the link I provided previously.
Essentially download an ISO image from Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com) using the Media Creation tool and save the image to your PC.
Open File Explorer and locate the file, right click to Mount the image and a new drive letter will appear. Select the new drive letter and run setup, the process should offer to keep all files, apps and programs. If not cancel the repair.
-
Anonymous
2023-01-06T18:47:46+00:00 Let's have other experts join in and see if they have other suggestions that can help solve this issue. If I have other inputs I will certainly post again here. Please check this thread from time to time for updates. Thank you for your cooperation.
-
Anonymous
2023-01-06T21:02:32+00:00 Far TOO complicated for me, neilpzz!! I am just a humble user
-
Neil D 34,325 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-01-06T23:11:59+00:00 If you cannot follow the instructions then I'd suggest you take the computer to a repair shop, ask a knowledgeable friend to help or accept that the sign-in screen will take time to clear.