Welcome Screen

Anonymous
2023-01-04T23:59:26+00:00

how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-07T16:29:30+00:00

    Hi,

    Can you please post the results of the performance monitor

    For the fast start up please refer here

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before downloading and installing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-07T16:08:17+00:00

    No help whatever, I;m afraid

    And I have now lost the Fast Startup setting in "Power Options > Choose what the power button does" How can I get it back??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-07T12:03:28+00:00

    Hi,

    Please generate this report

    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/generate-a-win...

    This will check if you are having issues with the hard drive leading to slow boot up time.

    ________________________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before downloading and installing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-07T11:34:17+00:00

    Tried that - no effect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-07T02:41:18+00:00

    Hi,

    Have you tried to create another user and check if the same issue is happening there also?

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments