Welcome Screen

Anonymous
2023-01-04T23:59:26+00:00

how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Neil D 34,325 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-01-11T09:36:34+00:00

    I was thinking a restart would flush out any cache and then a normal start from power up would be quicker to sign-in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T02:58:33+00:00

    Hi,

    It was due to corruption of files the time taken was 20 seconds. Normally it takes a little over 10 seconds to open up, so in that case 15 seconds is just 2 - 3 seconds off the mark.

    I would recommend running another SFC scan and checking if there are any corrupt files.

    You can also do a repair upgrade of your Windows 10 to fix any further corruption of files not detected by SFC

    Please check this link for repair/upgrade of Windows 10 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T22:55:10+00:00

    YES significantly! from a restart there is no welcome screen, so my computer is usable immediately on entering my password. From Startup the welcome screen displays for 15 (annoying) seconds after entering my password.

    BUT the restart is SO much slower overall as it has to shut down and then start up without the benefit of Fast startup which does not affect restart.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Neil D 34,325 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-01-10T20:28:42+00:00

    Just out of curiosity does a restart make any difference. That is Start>Power>Restart.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T19:46:38+00:00

    The SFC scan completed with the following:

    "Verification 100% complete.

    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

    I shut down and restarted my computer and the welcome screen display time has reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds. So an improvement but still quite long, I would have thoight 5 - 10 seconds would be adrquate??

    Any further advice?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments