Welcome Screen

Anonymous
2023-01-04T23:59:26+00:00

how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T23:06:28+00:00

    Hello

    Are you guys still there??

    I have run the repair upgrade and reported back as requested but have not received anything further from you!! I have also posted further information.

    Please advise

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-12T23:11:38+00:00

    Further to my last post, I have taken "the bull by the horns" and done a shut down and then started up again. The welcome screen displayed for more than 25 seconds, so absolutely NO improvement!!!

    It took more than 12 hours, what a waste of a day!!

    I have re-run the performance monitor and got the following:

    Hope this may be of help.

    Where do we go from here??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-12T22:21:45+00:00

    How will I know when the upgrade has completed? It seems to have finished, I now have black screen with all my shortcuts in the right place.

    What do I do next:

    Shut down and then start up again? or recreate my preferred settings such as Lock Screen? or what?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T15:02:55+00:00

    Hi John,

    Please try doing the repair upgrade and let us know if there was any improvement.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T14:58:03+00:00

    I have re-run the DISM, which completed successfully, and the SFC which found no integrity violations but, at the last startup, the welcome screen displayed for 26 seconds!!!! It is worse than before!

    My computer is set to shut down when I close the lid and/or when I press the power button. in both cases the welcome screen displays for 25 seconds at the next start up. However, if I click Start > Power > Shut down, the welcome screen displays for only 3 seconds (also the NUM Lock key remains "on"). This absolutely weird!!

    I will try the repair/upgrade of Windows 10 in due course.

    Interestingly the monthly update of Windows (which happened this morning) took less than an hour whereas previously it took 2½ - 3 hours!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments