Whelp.....look what happened........ <_<....>_>........I mean Windows 100% has the power to access files and violate my privacy, to not admit that would be silly. But this is just a blatant F*** You from Microsoft.
Why did Windows 11 just install Tik Tok automatically
I have a windows 11 ROG Zephyrus laptop. I am watching a tv show on my 2nd monitor and I am playing a game on my laptop screen. As I was deeply engrossed into my tv show I heard that disruptive windows notification sound. Usually I hate it but this time I am very grateful I noticed. WHY DID WINDOWS JUST INSTALL TIK TOK ONTO MY COMPUTER AUTOMATICALLY!!!! Not only do I not use social media of any kind, BUT I DONT EVEN DOWNLOAD THINGS FROM THE WINDOWS STORE. Is microsoft trying to convince me that I need to delete windows from my boot loader and fully switch to Linux so I can avoid trash behavior like this????
It's honestly depressing that a user needs to ask this kind of question. HOW DO I STOP MICROSOFT FROM LOADING FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC SPYWARE ON MY COMPUTER?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It is not a hack or something. It is very intentional. Nothing happens in Microsoft updates that Microsoft does not plan. I like your idea of going to a linux based system.
“Microsoft doesn't load 3rd party software on anyone's computer.”
This is an outright lie, or you’re misinformed.
I just installed Windows 11 on a brand new HDD. Guess what was pinned to my start menu?
Update 3-10-23: This is incorrect. It’s suggested, not installed. I don’t appreciate it pushing that product on me, but that’s another matter.
Windows is literally the only thing on my computer right now. TikTok is paired with the USB boot version.
I’m concerned now too. Why is Microsoft pushing TT on users?
My father just experienced this.
We removed Tiktok that was installed when we bought his new laptop the week of Dec 25th.
Today he received a message saying the MS Store installed Tiktok again. He removed it again.
Microsoft is obviously installing 3rd party apps automatically. We've heard the same thing from mobile carriers when you buy a phone, it's a lie then as well.
Greg,
Now that your statement "Microsoft doesn't load 3rd party software on anyone's computer" has been completely debunked, how can we keep these 3rd party installs off of our personal and/or work computers?
I am looking to have all these programs blocked or removed from Windows 11 upgraded computers without having to go and uninstall this garbage one-by-one.
Thank you.
I am an avid hater of TikTok and have NEVER installed it. However, when I upgraded my Windows 10 to 11 last night, it magically got installed. I removed it immediately of course, but the gall to say Windows neeever does something like this is an outright lie.
I have added an app to my computer in over 6 months, and Tik Tok showed up on my list of apps today - only a windows update could have done this as I have made ZERO changes to my computer in 6 months; maybe it is Microsoft that has Tik Tok piggy-backed in on updates due to a hack or something, but it is definitely not on my computer due to a downloaded app or program on my part.
Something like this happening an additional time will 100% result me replacing my Surface Pro with a linux based system.
We're still missing a solution.
Microsoft experts, this is a real issue
Quite frankly, I find initial statement quite demeaning. Never on windows 10, did I have tiktok installed for example, my pinned apps from the initial windows 10 build was organized by me, with all those "apps" removed too. My laptop that has windows 10 still installed doesn't have the tiktok app installed.
Again, I built my own PC, and I am experienced in windows, I find it laughable that you even assumed that I didn't remove the pre-installed apps.
It is obviously purposeful from Microsoft. They will do nothing unless public opinion forces them to. Post everywhere.
Let's do an experiment, I'm going to update windows 11 on my windows 10 laptop, and I will provide screenshot as well. Currently my laptop does not have tik tok installed, we'll see what happens next.
38 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-07-22T16:29:27+00:00 Hi Joseph, what if the government bans TikTok as of being a privacy threat? Also, WSA isn't preloaded, you have to install it yourself. So I just upgraded to Win11, TikTok Wasn't installed. Yet other apps were. And I found out that this thing started in Win8, So that's probably a remnant from Metro UI. Bundles do exist with 3rd party OEM Devices, Which can be identified by the "For [OEM brand here]" suffix. NOT with TikTok though. Because it is at this time, The world's biggest MOBILE app, NOT a PC app. Win11, however, when preinstalled, always keeps those things as shortcuts to download the apps/games.