HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331 update doesn't install.

Anonymous
2022-10-30T05:09:35+00:00

Hello there,

"HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331" is an update that is really annoying me. It has always been there since the day I got my laptop. (Its been over a year)

At first, whenever I would check for windows update, this update would pop up every time, and would install and go away. Every time. This happened every single time I checked for an update.

Yesterday, I checked for an update, and sure enough, this update popped up. But instead of installing and going away, it gave me an install error. And no matter how many times I retry to install it, it doesn't install and keeps on giving me an install error.

I cant even check for updates now, unless this thing is installed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-10-30T05:40:39+00:00

Hello Roshaan,

Good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Note: It is always recommended to download and install drivers from the manufacturer's Support page. If you're not experiencing any hardware issues, there's no need to install this driver update.

Please try using the “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide the driver updates. Window Update won’t install hidden drivers or updates. Run the troubleshooter then please try hiding the driver updates that will show in the list. You may try restarting your pc if it helps.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F2...

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T03:26:46+00:00

    Привет,

    "HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331" - это обновление, которое меня действительно раздражает. Оно всегда было там с того дня, как я получил свой ноутбук. (Прошел уже год)

    Сначала, когда бы я ни проверял обновления Windows, это обновление каждый раз всплывало, устанавливалось и исчезало. Каждый раз. Это происходило каждый раз, когда я проверял обновления.

    Вчера я проверил наличие обновления, и, конечно же, это обновление появилось. Но вместо того, чтобы установиться и исчезнуть, оно выдало мне ошибку установки. И сколько бы раз я ни пытался его установить, оно не устанавливается и продолжает выдавать мне ошибку установки.

    Я даже не могу проверить наличие обновлений, пока эта штука не установлена.

    Изображение

    Любая помощь будет оценена по достоинству. Спасибо заранее!

    Эту функцию как удалить с обновление

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T07:04:18+00:00

    HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331 plz solve the errorr

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments