HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331 update doesn't install.

Anonymous
2022-10-30T05:09:35+00:00

Hello there,

"HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331" is an update that is really annoying me. It has always been there since the day I got my laptop. (Its been over a year)

At first, whenever I would check for windows update, this update would pop up every time, and would install and go away. Every time. This happened every single time I checked for an update.

Yesterday, I checked for an update, and sure enough, this update popped up. But instead of installing and going away, it gave me an install error. And no matter how many times I retry to install it, it doesn't install and keeps on giving me an install error.

I cant even check for updates now, unless this thing is installed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-10-30T05:40:39+00:00

Hello Roshaan,

Good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Note: It is always recommended to download and install drivers from the manufacturer's Support page. If you're not experiencing any hardware issues, there's no need to install this driver update.

Please try using the “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide the driver updates. Window Update won’t install hidden drivers or updates. Run the troubleshooter then please try hiding the driver updates that will show in the list. You may try restarting your pc if it helps.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F2...

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T10:51:42+00:00

    HP - USB - 12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 49.0.4411.18331 IS NOR UPDATED

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T17:49:49+00:00

    This worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-27T09:39:04+00:00

    I also encountered this problem I first remove all affected printers in Control Panel My printer is HP 135wg Then uninstall the printer driver Go back to Windows Update, click Pause updates for a week, and then select Continue updates. Then there won't be that problem anymore You can add a printer using the Windows built-in method of adding a printer.

    J'ai également rencontré ce problème

    Je supprime d'abord toutes les imprimantes concernées dans le panneau de configuration

    Mon imprimante est HP 135wg

    Puis désinstallé le pilote d'imprimante

    Revenez à Windows Update, cliquez sur Suspendre les mises à jour pendant une semaine, puis sélectionnez Continuer les mises à jour.

    Alors il n'y aura plus ce problème

    Vous pouvez ajouter une imprimante via la méthode d'ajout d'imprimante intégrée à Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T15:54:47+00:00

    HP-USB-12/10/2018 12.00.00 AM-49.0.4411.18331

    Yükleme hatası - 0x80070103

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments