bypass "lets connect you to a network"

Anonymous
2022-11-11T06:11:31+00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to bypass the screen "lets connect you to a network" to install windows 10 on my machine. I've tried 3 different ways as follows:

  • ALT + F4 - My machine just tries to connect to the internet even though I'm not connected to any internet connection.
  • SHIFT + F10 - Open command prompt and type "taskkill /F /IM oobenetworkconnectionflow.exe" but that also makes my machine try to connect to the internet.
  • SHIFT + F10 - Open command prompt and type "taskmgr" that opens taks manager and i end the tast for "Networkconnectionflow, but the machine still tries to connect to the internet.

Please can anyone assist what do I do in this situation?

Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-11-12T03:40:18+00:00

When you are in the command prompt just type: OOBE\BYPASSNRO 

Press enter and it will restart the device. At the next setup will give you the option to click "I don't have internet" and bypass the network connection.

Was this answer helpful?

1000+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-23T01:39:41+00:00

    When you are in the command prompt just type: OOBE\BYPASSNRO 

    Press enter and it will restart the device. At the next setup will give you the option to click "I don't have internet" and bypass the network connection.

    So I did this to get past that pesky setup bug, but now I can’t access any wifi on my system after the system boot. I’ve tried multiple fixes (my system is essentially demanding I plug an ethernet into the system but I don’t have an ethernet, and have never used an ethernet on it previously.) and i still cannot use any network, wifi isn’t even an option to turn on or off or use a different connection. It’s only ethernet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-24T21:31:18+00:00

    Hi there,

    You need to get hold of your motherboards drivers.

    It is more than likely that the Windows ISO that you are using did not have the Wi-Fi driver for your motherboard in it.

    I had the same issue but I had to find my Ethernet Driver.

    Manually installed it and then it was seen.

    You will have to find the driver and manually install it, reboot windows and your wifi should then be seen.

    Hopefully.

    Best of luck.

    Regards,

     David
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-28T18:38:15+00:00

    OOBE\BYPASSNRO

    Put it in ALL CAPS

    IT Will log off, restart, then it'll give you the option to say no internet limited setup.

    Your welcome

    Shame on Microsoft for trying to force paying customers to do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-27T07:18:59+00:00

    You are a boss!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments