bypass "lets connect you to a network"

Anonymous
2022-11-11T06:11:31+00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to bypass the screen "lets connect you to a network" to install windows 10 on my machine. I've tried 3 different ways as follows:

  • ALT + F4 - My machine just tries to connect to the internet even though I'm not connected to any internet connection.
  • SHIFT + F10 - Open command prompt and type "taskkill /F /IM oobenetworkconnectionflow.exe" but that also makes my machine try to connect to the internet.
  • SHIFT + F10 - Open command prompt and type "taskmgr" that opens taks manager and i end the tast for "Networkconnectionflow, but the machine still tries to connect to the internet.

Please can anyone assist what do I do in this situation?

Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-11-12T03:40:18+00:00

When you are in the command prompt just type: OOBE\BYPASSNRO 

Press enter and it will restart the device. At the next setup will give you the option to click "I don't have internet" and bypass the network connection.

Was this answer helpful?

1000+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-10T12:47:11+00:00

    Did you try using an external keyboard?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T07:54:28+00:00

    Hi,

    I am currently experiencing the same issue.

    When i opened the cmd and typed in OOBE\BYPASSNRO it said it was invalid

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T07:55:49+00:00

    The logoff command does not work

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T09:12:17+00:00

    The fact that one should even have to look this up online is ridiculous. This "fix" is not working for me. It's enough to make me switch to an Apple product. I'm no neophyte when it comes to technology and there is no way that any user at any level of technical expertise should have to look up online how to abort a process which should be seamless. What happened to just allowing a user to click on a red "x" at the top of the right-hand corner of the window. BTW, I tried this and it isn't working. I can't even hit ctrl-alt-delete to get to the taskmgr screen. This is BS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments