bypass "lets connect you to a network"

Anonymous
2022-11-11T06:11:31+00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to bypass the screen "lets connect you to a network" to install windows 10 on my machine. I've tried 3 different ways as follows:

  • ALT + F4 - My machine just tries to connect to the internet even though I'm not connected to any internet connection.
  • SHIFT + F10 - Open command prompt and type "taskkill /F /IM oobenetworkconnectionflow.exe" but that also makes my machine try to connect to the internet.
  • SHIFT + F10 - Open command prompt and type "taskmgr" that opens taks manager and i end the tast for "Networkconnectionflow, but the machine still tries to connect to the internet.

Please can anyone assist what do I do in this situation?

Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-11-12T03:40:18+00:00

When you are in the command prompt just type: OOBE\BYPASSNRO 

Press enter and it will restart the device. At the next setup will give you the option to click "I don't have internet" and bypass the network connection.

Was this answer helpful?

1000+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-12T03:27:42+00:00

    Hello Mfundo Xolo

    Welcome to the Microsoft community and hope you are doing great.

    I am aware of the present situation is that you have stuck in the interface of "Let's connect you to a net work" and need to bypass it. May I know some details? Whether you are currently using a Laptop or a Desktop computer, which could help me to locate the reason more specifically.

    • Here is my personal way around this problem, only for reference:

    (1) Shift+F10 (or Fn+Shift+F10), open the cmd window, enter the command: regedit

    (2) In the open registry editor interface, open the registry entries one by one: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> OOBE

    (3) Right-click in the blank area on the right of the registry, and choose: New -> DWORD (32-bit) value from the pop-up right-click menu item.

    (4) Rename the newly created value BypassNRO, double-click BypassNRO to open the value, then modify the value data to [1] in the Edit DWORD (32-bit) value window, and click "OK".

    (5) Open the cmd window and enter the command logoff. Press Enter to skip the prompt of login account

    Disclaimer: Generally, modifying registry subkeys or work group is intended for advanced users, administrators, and IT Professionals. It can help fix some problems, however, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For further protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click here to view the article.

    In addition, there is a similar discussion in the community about this issue, you can refer to Johnny_55's answer:

    How to set up Windows 11 WITHOUT a Internet connection - Microsoft Community

    Hope it helps! If any update, welcome to share with us.

    Chandy|Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-19T20:22:09+00:00

    This was exactly what I needed. My laptop didn't have WiFi drivers in the Win 11 install and I don't have an external WiFi adapter to plug in. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-29T00:10:43+00:00

    I’ve made an updated video for 2022-2023 because ms blocked the previous method. https://youtu.be/gg7AALuBkwI

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T14:58:49+00:00

    I used the ISO image downloaded from the Microsoft site .

    I did not have all the keys on the keyboard active .

    I was able to hit the keys Shift+F10 and use cmd command OOBE\BYPASSNRO

    I had to use accessibility options to activate the keyboard

    my language is french

    and

    the layout of the keyboard keys is "french"

    I used the virtual keyboard and the command

    OOBE\BYPASSNRO

    After the restart a link is added so that you do not have to log in during the installation .

    Thanks you it worked for me .

    After that the problems continued when opening Windows 11. After starting Windows and some research in the Settings I found two activated functions which pose a problem since after having deactivated these functions the keyboard works and according to the methods that these functions induce.

    Those are sticky keys and filter keys

    Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments