can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer

Anonymous
2022-11-24T10:54:18+00:00

Hi, i just uninstall Onedrive from pc and suddenly i can´t Pin Images and Documents folder to quick access, It give me the option but when you click don´t happen anything. Any solution???

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-11-24T11:29:01+00:00

Hi Maria,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Your Quick Access folder is probably corrupt, the best option is to delete the content of Quick Access, and then re-pin the folders you need there.

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and on the resulting menu, right click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\*

Then, close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-01T14:03:48+00:00

    I spent days searching for fixes, modifying the registry, running command prompts, believing everyone who promised to fix this, tearing out hair...

    What worked for me was: finding the folder I wanted to pin to quick access in explorer, and dragging and dropping it into the quick access list in the left hand panel. Boom. Adding folders I don't even want now, just for fun.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T11:24:01+00:00

    worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T15:14:12+00:00

    Hi Maria,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Your Quick Access folder is probably corrupt, the best option is to delete the content of Quick Access, and then re-pin the folders you need there.

    Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and on the resulting menu, right click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\*

    Then, close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC.

    I almost broswed the whole internet before I saw this. It worked like magic! Thanks for sharing, Dave.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-09T17:26:46+00:00

    Hi Maria,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Your Quick Access folder is probably corrupt, the best option is to delete the content of Quick Access, and then re-pin the folders you need there.

    Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and on the resulting menu, right click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\*

    Then, close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC.

    I tried this fix but received the response: "The system cannot find the path specified." Is their another solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments