can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer

Anonymous
2022-11-24T10:54:18+00:00

Hi, i just uninstall Onedrive from pc and suddenly i can´t Pin Images and Documents folder to quick access, It give me the option but when you click don´t happen anything. Any solution???

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-11-24T11:29:01+00:00

Hi Maria,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Your Quick Access folder is probably corrupt, the best option is to delete the content of Quick Access, and then re-pin the folders you need there.

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and on the resulting menu, right click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\*

Then, close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T09:04:14+00:00

    Hi dave,

    Thank you very much, it works perfectly

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-26T03:55:47+00:00

    WORKED but sure wish folks would write responses with "newbies" in mind.

    Since I am a newbie with windows 11, I found it's MUCH easier to just type command prompt into the search bar (at the bottom immediately next to the start button or 4 blue squares). Sorry but after using Windows 8.1, I'm still getting used to a start button again.

    Immediately the command prompt opens and gave me the option to click on "Run as Administrator".

    I copied and pasted your first command, then clicked on "Enter".

    Another command prompt opened and I did the same on each of your commands.

    When you said to just close the command prompt screen, I was POSITIVE this would screw up somehow as it seemed too easy...but VIOLA, it sure worked.

    Thanks because as many of us know, when it comes to tech stuff, things often go sideways before straightening out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T19:03:00+00:00

    I was having the same exact problem and followed what you said and it completely fixed my problems so thanks!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-15T16:17:09+00:00

    Hi Dave,

    When I try doing so, cmd gives me this reply message:

    'The system cannot find the path specified.'

    Any ideas?

    Thanks Sina

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments