can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer

Anonymous
2022-11-24T10:54:18+00:00

Hi, i just uninstall Onedrive from pc and suddenly i can´t Pin Images and Documents folder to quick access, It give me the option but when you click don´t happen anything. Any solution???

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2022-11-24T11:29:01+00:00

Hi Maria,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Your Quick Access folder is probably corrupt, the best option is to delete the content of Quick Access, and then re-pin the folders you need there.

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and on the resulting menu, right click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\*

Then, close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T09:24:19+00:00

    Thankyou so much DaveM121.

    I have lived with not being able to pin items to quick access ever since I decided to use Onedrive to backup my documents folder. It has really hit my workflow as I use this a lot.

    Your instructions were perfectly described and the solution works. How do i buy you a coffee/beer?

    cheers,

    Russ

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-01-10T03:11:45+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-09T17:26:46+00:00

    Hi Maria,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Your Quick Access folder is probably corrupt, the best option is to delete the content of Quick Access, and then re-pin the folders you need there.

    Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and on the resulting menu, right click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\*

    Then, close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC.

    I tried this fix but received the response: "The system cannot find the path specified." Is their another solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T15:14:12+00:00

    Hi Maria,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Your Quick Access folder is probably corrupt, the best option is to delete the content of Quick Access, and then re-pin the folders you need there.

    Click your Start Button, then just type cmd and on the resulting menu, right click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

    Paste this command into Command Prompt and press Enter:

    del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\*

    Then, close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC.

    I almost broswed the whole internet before I saw this. It worked like magic! Thanks for sharing, Dave.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments