I have done all that several times. No help. From other comments, it seems to apply mostly to DELL computers. Is there something different about them that causes problems with the latest cumulative updates?
cumulative updates fail to install. Both KB5018410 and KB5016616 failed on installation.
My computer is a DELL Optiplex 3020. Both recent cumulative updates (KB5018410 and KB5016616) have failed on installation. The code is 0x800f0845. I have tried all the suggested things to try to get the update to go through up to an in-place update. All other updates go through with no problem. Just the cumulative updates. I have version 21H2 build 19044.1826.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-10-17T16:32:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-10-18T15:35:42+00:00 HI,
Sorry if it still didn't help.
I will now recommend that you try to repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade again to fix the system.
You can follow the guide from the link below.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repai...
After successfully installing the In-place upgrade, try to manually download and install the update again.
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites.
The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
-
Anonymous
2022-10-18T17:07:09+00:00 Yes this is happening in 2 different Dell computer
-
Anonymous
2022-10-18T17:07:55+00:00 In place upgrade reapir dis not worked, computer hangs and eventually reverts back and having to shut it down twice
-
Anonymous
2022-10-19T13:06:12+00:00 Dell XPS here and the same issue. Tried all the suggested solution but without any luck.