I have done that twice for both of the updates. Both had the same result. It won't install. If I leave it long enough, it goes to a black screen with just the mouse pointer on it. Thanks
cumulative updates fail to install. Both KB5018410 and KB5016616 failed on installation.
My computer is a DELL Optiplex 3020. Both recent cumulative updates (KB5018410 and KB5016616) have failed on installation. The code is 0x800f0845. I have tried all the suggested things to try to get the update to go through up to an in-place update. All other updates go through with no problem. Just the cumulative updates. I have version 21H2 build 19044.1826.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-10-15T01:55:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-10-14T23:12:34+00:00 Hi Rory,
I'm Paul and I'm here to help you with your concern.
I will suggest that you download and install the updates manually.
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search...
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search...
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.