cumulative updates fail to install. Both KB5018410 and KB5016616 failed on installation.

Anonymous
2022-10-14T22:36:07+00:00

My computer is a DELL Optiplex 3020. Both recent cumulative updates (KB5018410 and KB5016616) have failed on installation. The code is 0x800f0845. I have tried all the suggested things to try to get the update to go through up to an in-place update. All other updates go through with no problem. Just the cumulative updates. I have version 21H2 build 19044.1826.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-27T20:36:16+00:00

    My computer is a DELL Optiplex 3020. Both recent cumulative updates (KB5018410 and KB5016616) have failed on installation. The code is 0x800f0845. I have tried all the suggested things to try to get the update to go through up to an in-place update. All other updates go through with no problem. Just the cumulative updates. I have version 21H2 build 19044.1826.

    A solution has been found. See this thread.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-22h2-kb5016616-kb5017308-kb5017380/8722de52-46ca-44ed-af4f-281b9f57a225?messageId=6fb64199-9f95-4ef9-a99d-1d488dd87075

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-04T16:40:03+00:00

    I reinstalled windows from the cloud and that fixed it. A bit hard-core i admit, but it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments