Please type the command exactly as i posted. It is a single line command. Copy the command i gave and paste it in the cmd window.
Window Installer not found in services.msc
I want to install autocad app in my pc when I try to install it an error appear which says "The Window installer could not be assessed". when I go into local services there is no window installer in the list. I really need to fix this error so that i can install my app.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2022-10-26T07:35:51+00:00 Hi Aleena,
I see that Windows Installer service is missing, that is why the repair upgrade would be the best option, it should repair Windows services.
-
Anonymous
2022-10-28T14:16:56+00:00 Can you please tell me where i can open the window file explorer option
-
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2022-10-28T14:55:42+00:00 Hi Aleena,
Please run the msiserver.reg file from the following page:
Fix for Error “The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed” The REG file restores the missing "Windows Installer" to the Services console. You need to reboot Windows for the changes to take effect.
-
Anonymous
2022-10-29T15:04:02+00:00 Hi Ramesh,
Thanks for your help but my problem is not solved yet i followed all the steps mentioned in the above article and successfully download window installer but when i try installing my app again i received the error again so i go to my local services to check if the window installer is properly working or not so when i try to start window installer it says " the windows could not start the window installer service on local computer error 2". Please tell me what can i do now to solve this problem