Window Installer not found in services.msc

Anonymous
2022-10-25T14:24:01+00:00

I want to install autocad app in my pc when I try to install it an error appear which says "The Window installer could not be assessed". when I go into local services there is no window installer in the list. I really need to fix this error so that i can install my app.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-11-03T13:30:35+00:00

Please type the command exactly as i posted. It is a single line command. Copy the command i gave and paste it in the cmd window.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-10-26T07:35:51+00:00

    Hi Aleena,

    I see that Windows Installer service is missing, that is why the repair upgrade would be the best option, it should repair Windows services.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-26T07:31:13+00:00

    so when i go to my local services there is no window installer option

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-26T07:29:40+00:00

    when I try installing autocad this error appear

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-10-26T07:16:54+00:00

    Hi Aleena,

    Thankyou for that information, so there is no work or school account linked that may be causing this, the best option would be to perform a repair upgrade using the Widows 10 ISO, that will hopefully fix Windows Installer.

    Please follow the steps, this is then just an update and your files and applications will remain untouched.

    Click this link:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), then choose ISO, not USB

    When the ISO file completes downloading

    Disconnect from the Internet

    Temporarily disable any 3rd party Anti-virus you may have installed

    Then, in Windows File Explorer, double click the ISO and then run Setup.exe and select the upgrade option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments