Window Installer not found in services.msc

Anonymous
2022-10-25T14:24:01+00:00

I want to install autocad app in my pc when I try to install it an error appear which says "The Window installer could not be assessed". when I go into local services there is no window installer in the list. I really need to fix this error so that i can install my app.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-11-03T13:30:35+00:00

Please type the command exactly as i posted. It is a single line command. Copy the command i gave and paste it in the cmd window.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-11-02T16:27:53+00:00

    Type:

    • copy "F:\msiexec.exe" "c:\windows\system32"

    (assuming that the downloaded file is located at "f:" )

    Important: Make sure the file doesn't have a double extension -- e.g., msiexec.exe.exe.

    If so, rename the file to msiexec.exe.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-02T16:18:48+00:00

    can you plz guide me from here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-02T16:06:58+00:00

    Can you plzz tell me what is the next step because when I click on run a tab open and when I click ok nothing happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-11-02T15:51:17+00:00

    Aleena,

    It's not necessary. Please follow the steps (under "Fresh set of Instructions") in my recent response.

    The objective is to copy the file to Windows\System32. that's it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments