Why hasnt microsoft movies and tv added the new Walking Dead episode yet?

Anonymous
2022-10-04T17:12:34+00:00

I decide to buy my digital purchases on the Microsoft Movies and TV app do I own them for good, pretty much have my own mini Netflix catalog at this point, but everytime the Walking Dead releases a new season (or in this case, season part) it takes forever to show up. Why? Its been over a day and I'm avoiding all social media because of peoples shameless love of spoilers, so I'd like to be able to watch the season pass I paid for, preferably within the same day the episode is released.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-23T20:21:41+00:00

    Spent some more time on this today and got ahold of someone at Xbox Support. They confirmed it is a licensing issue and for some reason Xbox hasn't been able to get licensing on the new episodes.

    I would have thought these would have been pre-negotiated prior to Season Passes being made available for sale specifically. Personally, I own all TWD seasons on this service and I will be very disappointed if I can't get the rest of this season to go with the set.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-23T23:09:02+00:00

    Thanks for the info. This is what I expected the reason to be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-24T15:56:01+00:00

    Season Pass for The Walking Dead Season 11 - Microsoft Community

    From another thread this is happening to Amazon customers as well.

    Watch The Walking Dead, Season 11 | Prime Video (amazon.com)

    You can see int he link above Amazon customers cannot purchase episodes after 16 as well and are being steered to AMC+.

    I suggest everyone having this issue email AMC about this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-01T17:41:18+00:00

    Xbox support is no help. When I ordered this back in August of 2021 it was for full season hence being called season pass not only 16 episodes. Was told to request a refund was denied. Contacted support again and sat on phone for 2hrs with no resolution. So I guess basically Microsoft is just ripping people off. Found out from AMC Xbox nor Microsoft were ever given rights to full season 11 only 16 episodes. So why would they sell season pass if they didn't have the rights in the first place? So basically never buy season passes cause they just gonna take your money and run. What rip off artists!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-01T17:48:03+00:00

    We can always file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments