Why hasnt microsoft movies and tv added the new Walking Dead episode yet?

Anonymous
2022-10-04T17:12:34+00:00

I decide to buy my digital purchases on the Microsoft Movies and TV app do I own them for good, pretty much have my own mini Netflix catalog at this point, but everytime the Walking Dead releases a new season (or in this case, season part) it takes forever to show up. Why? Its been over a day and I'm avoiding all social media because of peoples shameless love of spoilers, so I'd like to be able to watch the season pass I paid for, preferably within the same day the episode is released.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T05:30:02+00:00

    I explained I’ve been watching since the beginning, bought the season pass but since part 3 dropped Microsoft hasn’t made them available to watch, sent my proof of purchase. I’ll put the messages up.

    AMC after I sent a message to get some answers: Thanks for being an Amc viewer. Episodes are typically released for season pass holders the day after broadcast. So we can investigate, please confirm:

    1. Which episode you are missing
    2. What platform/app you are using on your Xbox
    3. Where was the season pass purchased?

    Thanks,AMC Support Team

    Me: I’m missing any episode that hasn’t aired of the 3rd part of season 11, I’m using the movie & tv app on my Xbox, the season pass was purchased through Microsoft (sent proof of purchase)

    AMC: Episode 19 hasn't aired quite yet. It will be added the next day after broadcast(10/17). If you're still having trouble with 17 and 18, please confirm. Thanks,AMC Support Team

    Me: Episode 19 aires tonight on tv, still no episode 17 or 18 on my movies & tv app

    Me: Officially missing episodes 17-19 of season 11. Is AMC not distributing part three to Microsoft?

    Me: Hello, I’m still missing episodes 17-19 of season 11, is there any information you could give me on your end why part 3 is not showing up on the movies & tv app? Does Microsoft have access to part 3?

    AMC: We're sorry for this inconvenience. While we continue to work with Microsoft, we have created a temporary AMC+ account for you to access new episodes of TWD.

    It took a week but that’s how it went down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T20:59:49+00:00

    Yes there currently are 19 episodes. Season 11 is in 3 8 episode parts. Part 2 ended with episode 16 on 4/10/22. Part 3 started 10/2/22 and now has three episodes released that Microsoft movies and TV is not updating with the season pass. Again the question is why are you not updating the final 8 episodes as they come out, we've paid for a season not 2/3 of a season.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T22:20:30+00:00

    Yes there currently are 19 episodes. Season 11 is in 3 8 episode parts. Part 2 ended with episode 16 on 4/10/22. Part 3 started 10/2/22 and now has three episodes released that Microsoft movies and TV is not updating with the season pass. Again the question is why are you not updating the final 8 episodes as they come out, we've paid for a season not 2/3 of a season.

    To clarify, it's not that the Season Pass isn't having the episodes added, it's that the new episodes aren't being added to Microsoft Movies & TV at all; they're simply not on the service as-of-yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-22T06:00:06+00:00

    Same issue for me. Spent 40 minutes on the phone with Microsoft support and no one had any answers. Call then dropped.

    Guessing someone will realize once the season is over and will finally add them to the store. Whats the point of paying for a season pass to only get 2/3 of the episodes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-22T14:25:14+00:00

    I had this exact same experience last night. Call went on for 55 minutes. It took way too long to get the support representative to understand the issue and "prove" to the support representative there were more than 16 episodes in Season 11.

    After going on and off hold several times the last time she said she was going to put me on a "silent" hold. When she did that there was no hold music. I stayed on the line, with my phone on the desk in speakerphone mode for about another 20 minutes. Then I heard the disconnect beep.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments