Why hasnt microsoft movies and tv added the new Walking Dead episode yet?

Anonymous
2022-10-04T17:12:34+00:00

I decide to buy my digital purchases on the Microsoft Movies and TV app do I own them for good, pretty much have my own mini Netflix catalog at this point, but everytime the Walking Dead releases a new season (or in this case, season part) it takes forever to show up. Why? Its been over a day and I'm avoiding all social media because of peoples shameless love of spoilers, so I'd like to be able to watch the season pass I paid for, preferably within the same day the episode is released.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-23T23:09:02+00:00

    Thanks for the info. This is what I expected the reason to be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-23T20:21:41+00:00

    Spent some more time on this today and got ahold of someone at Xbox Support. They confirmed it is a licensing issue and for some reason Xbox hasn't been able to get licensing on the new episodes.

    I would have thought these would have been pre-negotiated prior to Season Passes being made available for sale specifically. Personally, I own all TWD seasons on this service and I will be very disappointed if I can't get the rest of this season to go with the set.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-22T14:25:14+00:00

    I had this exact same experience last night. Call went on for 55 minutes. It took way too long to get the support representative to understand the issue and "prove" to the support representative there were more than 16 episodes in Season 11.

    After going on and off hold several times the last time she said she was going to put me on a "silent" hold. When she did that there was no hold music. I stayed on the line, with my phone on the desk in speakerphone mode for about another 20 minutes. Then I heard the disconnect beep.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-22T06:00:06+00:00

    Same issue for me. Spent 40 minutes on the phone with Microsoft support and no one had any answers. Call then dropped.

    Guessing someone will realize once the season is over and will finally add them to the store. Whats the point of paying for a season pass to only get 2/3 of the episodes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T22:20:30+00:00

    Yes there currently are 19 episodes. Season 11 is in 3 8 episode parts. Part 2 ended with episode 16 on 4/10/22. Part 3 started 10/2/22 and now has three episodes released that Microsoft movies and TV is not updating with the season pass. Again the question is why are you not updating the final 8 episodes as they come out, we've paid for a season not 2/3 of a season.

    To clarify, it's not that the Season Pass isn't having the episodes added, it's that the new episodes aren't being added to Microsoft Movies & TV at all; they're simply not on the service as-of-yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments