No option to open Device and Printers in control panel in Windows 11 22h2

Reported
Anonymous
2022-10-06T16:29:13+00:00

In previous versions of windows 11 and windows 10, I was able to access the devices and printers options from control panel instead of settings. Now the devices and printers from control panel opens the settings, which lack some options, especially the option to turn on or off handsfree telephony for Bluetooth devices. Is there anyway to access this option in windows 11 22h2?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-10-06T16:38:35+00:00

Hi there,

In Windows 11 22H2 and higher, the old Devices and Printers interface can still be accessed by running the following command from the Run dialog.

  • shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A}

For other methods to open the classic Devices and Printers applet, see:


Optionally, you can add "Devices and Printers (Classic)" to the Control Panel.

Download devices-and-printers-classic-cpl.reg and apply the REG file.

You'll see the following option in the Control Panel.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Brink 16,660 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-02-25T20:35:54+00:00

    Hello,

    There's no risk if you wanted to add it. There's a remove option to undo it if wanted later.

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/add-or-remove-devices-and-printers-in-navigation-pane-of-file-explorer-in-windows-11.7783/

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T22:34:55+00:00

    I have my doubts that anyone listens to feedback no matter where it's done.

    Not replying specifically to you but on the topic of administrating printers:

    1. On the new settings page when I go to add a printer, there is an option to "Add Manually". Problem is, it's in the middle of the page. I have to scroll down slowly to find it. This should be at the top of the page. Stop wasting my time!
    2. Why does it now default to IPP instead of TCP/IP? Anyone using this page on purpose is going there it add a printer by IP. Now it's another thing that has to be changed. Stop wasting my time!
    3. This goes back years but it's been a pet peeve of mine forever. When I add the IP address, it polls for a driver. Then I spend 20 clicks scrolling and browsing my network for the correct driver. When I finally find it, I choose next and Windows asks me if it should just use the already installed version of this driver instead. Why on earth isn't that question FIRST? STOP WASTING MY TIME!

    Not sure how but every time Microsoft tries to simplify things, it ends up taking me longer to get anything done!

    end rant.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T10:06:37+00:00

    Wow this is much simpler than it was before! Thank you Microsoft for this awesome update

    0 comments No comments