No option to open Device and Printers in control panel in Windows 11 22h2

Reported
Anonymous
2022-10-06T16:29:13+00:00

In previous versions of windows 11 and windows 10, I was able to access the devices and printers options from control panel instead of settings. Now the devices and printers from control panel opens the settings, which lack some options, especially the option to turn on or off handsfree telephony for Bluetooth devices. Is there anyway to access this option in windows 11 22h2?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-10-06T16:38:35+00:00

Hi there,

In Windows 11 22H2 and higher, the old Devices and Printers interface can still be accessed by running the following command from the Run dialog.

  • shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A}

For other methods to open the classic Devices and Printers applet, see:


Optionally, you can add "Devices and Printers (Classic)" to the Control Panel.

Download devices-and-printers-classic-cpl.reg and apply the REG file.

You'll see the following option in the Control Panel.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-23T22:19:51+00:00

    > shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A}

    That's an easy one to remember, just like the new emergency number 0118-999-881-999-119-725-3.

    Microsoft, stop pushing tech people to Linux please

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-22T19:50:15+00:00

    Thanks Libanonc,

    That sounded hopeful, but on my Win 11 system there are no "More devices and printers settings" in any of the devices and printers I have.

    FWIW, I tried to insert a gif, then png image file (34kb) but it wouldn't load.

    That being said, Shawn's answer was spot on, so at least I have a link in Windows Explorer.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-25T19:47:43+00:00

    I've had a new windows PC for 2 hours and I've already found a bunch of stuff I can't do. I was about to run a file, to modify the PC so I would have a shortcut in file explorer, but decided against it. Why should I accept that risk? Sigh.

    0 comments No comments