Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating ***Again*** 10/19/22

Anonymous
2022-10-19T15:33:40+00:00

It looks like the WAMPSERVER fix is throwing PHP errors on line 99, 120 and 55 for the getweather.php file. I am thinking this might be due to a change in the data string from Weatherbit ???

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-10-21T14:05:07+00:00

Below is an updated version of getweather.php. It works around weatherbit.io changing their free forecasts from 16 days to 7 days.

  1. Download file
  2. Update your weatherbit.io key in the file.
  3. Copy to c:/wamp/www/ folder to replace existing getweather.php

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nw3e7tznsgt7ncj/getweather.php?dl=0

Post here if you have issues.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T00:39:27+00:00

    John,

    Good news to share. The EC-WS115 updated the missing data. Guess I made too many attempts in WampServer to get the weather data. Thrilled it is working again. Glad we could help each other figure out the resolution.

    Be Well,

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T13:50:06+00:00

    Hi Katherine,

    The problem is that Weatherbit.io stopped giving out free 14 day forecasts and now only puts out 7 day forecasts for free. I modified the code to simply repeat the 7th day for days 8 through 10. I gave Casper our friendly ghost the copy so he could incorporate it into his build. I was not expecting someone as savvy as you to find it from the comments, so I left my key in there. I have pulled my copy of getweather.php down, because of the key. I will try and update getweather.php for public consumption and post it here.

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T14:22:56+00:00

    Hi John,

    I removed the screen shot with my API code I posted yesterday. Can you edit your comment to remove the link you posted with my API while troubleshooting the errors. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T14:43:44+00:00

    Hi Brian,

    Thank you so much for updating the code. I was trying to figure out a way to contact Casper as he guided so many people with his direction with the tutorial he created to get the EC-WS115 working again a few years ago. The prior MS Community thread was locked so I had to get creative to find a way to reach Casper and found the discussion (I also have a DropBox account). I was thrilled to see the resolution. John updated the code first and I had some hiccups but got it working again.

    Quite a number of people were on the thread from a few years ago and successfully applied Casper's fix. Some I expect will find this new thread to fix the EC-WS115 yet again :-)

    Be Well

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments