Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating ***Again*** 10/19/22

Anonymous
2022-10-19T15:33:40+00:00

It looks like the WAMPSERVER fix is throwing PHP errors on line 99, 120 and 55 for the getweather.php file. I am thinking this might be due to a change in the data string from Weatherbit ???

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-10-21T14:05:07+00:00

Below is an updated version of getweather.php. It works around weatherbit.io changing their free forecasts from 16 days to 7 days.

  1. Download file
  2. Update your weatherbit.io key in the file.
  3. Copy to c:/wamp/www/ folder to replace existing getweather.php

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nw3e7tznsgt7ncj/getweather.php?dl=0

Post here if you have issues.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T20:44:59+00:00

    Go to your WAMPSERVER icon select>PHP>PHP error log. Scroll to the bottom or most recent message and post the screen shot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T21:00:55+00:00

    Ugh. Lots of error lines. Hope easy to fix

    Note: Screenshot removed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T21:44:05+00:00

    It looks like the error is with the time zone for some reason. I thought I would see what was returning from the Weatherbit server , so I tried using your API key and city id to see if it returned any info: (I think I typed it correctly, you might double check)

    after entering this URL, it should return a long data string, but instead it gave me this message:

    {"status_code":429,"status_message":"Your request count (445) is over the allowed limit of 50 per day - Upgrade your key, or retry after 146.55 minutes"}

    It looks like you have reached your limit or the day on the free account. This might be causing the unhandled error. I would wait and try later. Post another screen shot if it still does not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T22:03:36+00:00

    Thanks for helping me with this. Don't know why I put such effort into this little Sharper Image device. I do like it and hope to get it to work (again).

    I have a personal weather station (PWS) - Ambient Weather WS5000 with a lightning sensor. I send data to CWOP and have two outside weather cams. Like you I am an amateur meteorologist. You may also be part of the NWS SKYWARN Spotter network as I am.

    Enough frustration for today. I will try again tomorrow working on this.

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments