Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating ***Again*** 10/19/22

Anonymous
2022-10-19T15:33:40+00:00

It looks like the WAMPSERVER fix is throwing PHP errors on line 99, 120 and 55 for the getweather.php file. I am thinking this might be due to a change in the data string from Weatherbit ???

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-10-21T14:05:07+00:00

Below is an updated version of getweather.php. It works around weatherbit.io changing their free forecasts from 16 days to 7 days.

  1. Download file
  2. Update your weatherbit.io key in the file.
  3. Copy to c:/wamp/www/ folder to replace existing getweather.php

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nw3e7tznsgt7ncj/getweather.php?dl=0

Post here if you have issues.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T17:53:36+00:00

    Look at this link. It is the new code recently discussed in the comments section on original fix Casper3275 developed.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjipyczave6b8ml/getweather.php?dl=0

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T17:35:05+00:00

    It should be as easy as updating that file, if the syntax has changed.

    From looking at the dropbox link you provided, the file getweather.php, looks to be the same syntax as what I have already am using, which is giving me the errors.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T17:24:15+00:00

    John,

    I don't have a programming/SQL background. There are recent discussion posts in the last few days on DropBox where Casper3275 posted his original fix. The comments discussed updated coding for the WAMPSERVER.

    Updated coding is found under comments on the right side. I am thinking it is a matter of copying and pasting the new revised code into WAMPSERVER somewhere but maybe not that simple. If so, where would I copy the new code inside WAMPSERVER program.

    Here is the DropBox link originally posted by Casper3275 to help everyone get continued use out of the EC-WS115

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yin1t3oqjnyxwe1/5-Day%20Weather%20Forecast%20Workaround.zip?dl=0

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T16:56:12+00:00

    Yes. I had the same thought to reach him. He is definitely a SME.

    I believe I found a way to contact Casper3275 via DropBox where he posted the detailed information for the fix. I posted a message in DropBox. Now I wait for a replay. I also posted a link to your question/our discussion so he can hopefully once again guide us to the fix.

    Others who used the fix surely must be having the same problem and some will likely find this recent post like I did.

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments