Sharper Image Weather Station EC-WS115 not updating ***Again*** 10/19/22

Anonymous
2022-10-19T15:33:40+00:00

It looks like the WAMPSERVER fix is throwing PHP errors on line 99, 120 and 55 for the getweather.php file. I am thinking this might be due to a change in the data string from Weatherbit ???

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-10-21T14:05:07+00:00

Below is an updated version of getweather.php. It works around weatherbit.io changing their free forecasts from 16 days to 7 days.

  1. Download file
  2. Update your weatherbit.io key in the file.
  3. Copy to c:/wamp/www/ folder to replace existing getweather.php

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nw3e7tznsgt7ncj/getweather.php?dl=0

Post here if you have issues.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T19:49:13+00:00

    Yes, that is the correct folder. Try to Open and close your 5-day forecast program on your computer, which updated immediately for me. The EC-WS115 took several minutes to update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T19:34:50+00:00

    I updated the getweather file located in Windows C drive>wamp> www folder where several php files are located.

    I copied the new code into the getweather php file and saved and added API key and then restarted WAMP server.

    So far no update transmitted for the two days of missing weather data on EC-WS115

    Did your EC-WS115 update quickly with the missing data? Did I update the correct php file in the correct folder?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T18:18:41+00:00

    Yes, this fixed this issue. It appears the Weatherbit data is now sent in a 7 day string of data instead of 10 days. The new script updates the loop array for this change.

    You can use this new file with your API key inserted in the syntax at the top. After updating the change, restart your WAMPSERVER

    Thank you for your help,

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T18:17:46+00:00

    I found the c: drive folder on my PC containing the getweather file. It appears it should be as easy as copying and replacing the old code with the new code found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjipyczave6b8ml/getweather.php?dl=0  ensuring my personal API key remains unchanged.

    I will standby for your reply if this resolves the update problem before I copy and paste,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments