I recently updated to the newest AMD drivers again, due to them being more optimised for certain games, and the issue still persists. Could be sth solely related to Microsoft or Microsoft+ Windows 11. Are u on Windows 11? Cuz I read somewhere else that the bug doesn't occur with Windows 10...
Text disappears and reappears as I write (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Edge, maybe NotePad -- Windows operating system)
Okay so now I have a very weird issue that I don't even know how to describe. One thing for sure, it's not OVERTYPE mode thing.
I have noticed that on Microsoft Edge and in Microsoft Word sometimes when I write, some of the last characters disappear and reappear when I type. Let me explain this via an example.
Let's say I want to write the word Microsoft.
- Micro types normally
- When I type s, o disappears, so now it's Micr
- When I type o, Microso appears
- Etc.
It happens only occasionally, rarely but it is extremely annoying and I wonder what might be the cause. I have only noticed it in Edge and in Word, maybe also Notepad. Other apps seem to not have this issue, or at least I haven't noticed it.
More interesting thing, while typing messages on twitter today I noticed it once. When typing this very message I didn't notice it happening at all. Since the issue appears so randomly and so rarely I don't have a video to show. But the video would basically look like as if I was typing and removing some parts of the text, then typing it again tbh.
My specs:
Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H
AMD Ryzen 5 5600H (3,30Ghz) with Radeon Graphics + Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 (Radeon GPU is turned off through MUX)
6023 MB VRAM
16 GB RAM
SSD Samsung MZVLB1T0HBLR-000L2
Lith-Polymer battery 60Wh 15.36 V/17.37V
230 WAT Power Brick
2560 x 1440 (QHD) 165Hz
Windows 11 Home 64-bit
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-03-12T16:36:00+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-03-11T02:14:32+00:00 Yes, this issue continues. It had appeared to be a problem with Word combined with an Nvidia graphics board, but, per DavidJKO (February 22, 2023 post above), the same problem also arose with an AMD graphics board. So, unless both Nvidia and AMD boards cause the same issue, it appears that Word is the culprit. Possibly, something to do with typing very fast and some kind of buffer filling up faster than the letters can get to the screen??.
I sure wish Microsoft would look at this and fix whatever the problem is.
P.S. Re your question about self-correction vs. me having to correct it, it usually self-corrects, but sometimes (impatience?) I find myself uncertain re the next letters and correcting the situation or duplicating the correction, thereby requiring further correction. Definitely a frustrating and annoying bug.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-10T23:48:26+00:00 Okay so now I have a very weird issue that I don't even know how to describe. One thing for sure, it's not OVERTYPE mode thing.
I have noticed that on Microsoft Edge and in Microsoft Word sometimes when I write, some of the last characters disappear and reappear when I type. Let me explain this via an example.
Let's say I want to write the word Microsoft.
- Micro types normally
- When I type s, o disappears, so now it's Micr
- When I type o, Microso appears
- Etc.
It happens only occasionally, rarely but it is extremely annoying and I wonder what might be the cause. I have only noticed it in Edge and in Word, maybe also Notepad. Other apps seem to not have this issue, or at least I haven't noticed it.
More interesting thing, while typing messages on twitter today I noticed it once. When typing this very message I didn't notice it happening at all. Since the issue appears so randomly and so rarely I don't have a video to show. But the video would basically look like as if I was typing and removing some parts of the text, then typing it again tbh.
My specs:
Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H
AMD Ryzen 5 5600H (3,30Ghz) with Radeon Graphics + Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 (Radeon GPU is turned off through MUX)
6023 MB VRAM
16 GB RAM
SSD Samsung MZVLB1T0HBLR-000L2
Lith-Polymer battery 60Wh 15.36 V/17.37V
230 WAT Power Brick
2560 x 1440 (QHD) 165Hz
Windows 11 Home 64-bitI have a similar issue but not sure. Does it eventually correct itself in your case or do you actually have to go back to correct it?
In my case it's isolated to Word. While typing, previous letters temporarily flicker, vanish and reappear and/or get partially projected over by other letters or even small graphical artifacts. While continuing to type it resolves itself but it continues to happen to other parts of the text right behind my typing cursor.
It's more noticeable when typing words between already existing sentences.
-
Anonymous
2023-02-22T19:56:09+00:00 I encountered the same problem on MS Word, but I own an AMD RX6750xt.
For me, going back to a veeeeery old driver (22.5.1) resolved the issue. Therefore, I don't think it's an issue related to NVIDIA, but probably with Word.
For anyone with an AMD Card, try that out :)
-
Anonymous
2023-02-17T17:11:44+00:00 Same issue with a 3060 Ti