Is ANYONE getting this on windows 10?!
Text disappears and reappears as I write (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Edge, maybe NotePad -- Windows operating system)
Okay so now I have a very weird issue that I don't even know how to describe. One thing for sure, it's not OVERTYPE mode thing.
I have noticed that on Microsoft Edge and in Microsoft Word sometimes when I write, some of the last characters disappear and reappear when I type. Let me explain this via an example.
Let's say I want to write the word Microsoft.
- Micro types normally
- When I type s, o disappears, so now it's Micr
- When I type o, Microso appears
- Etc.
It happens only occasionally, rarely but it is extremely annoying and I wonder what might be the cause. I have only noticed it in Edge and in Word, maybe also Notepad. Other apps seem to not have this issue, or at least I haven't noticed it.
More interesting thing, while typing messages on twitter today I noticed it once. When typing this very message I didn't notice it happening at all. Since the issue appears so randomly and so rarely I don't have a video to show. But the video would basically look like as if I was typing and removing some parts of the text, then typing it again tbh.
My specs:
Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H
AMD Ryzen 5 5600H (3,30Ghz) with Radeon Graphics + Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 (Radeon GPU is turned off through MUX)
6023 MB VRAM
16 GB RAM
SSD Samsung MZVLB1T0HBLR-000L2
Lith-Polymer battery 60Wh 15.36 V/17.37V
230 WAT Power Brick
2560 x 1440 (QHD) 165Hz
Windows 11 Home 64-bit
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-04-01T12:09:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-03-12T19:32:45+00:00 I don't think it's related to iGPUs. My CPU comes without integrated graphics. I always clear any old gpu drivers when updating, it's really frustrating. At least u managed to magically solve it :)
-
Anonymous
2023-03-12T19:20:37+00:00 Yes, I am using Windows 11 and Word as part of Office Home and Business 2021 (currently latest update version 2302 - 16.0.16130.20218). As best I can recall, I never had this issue when using my older Windows 10 computer (a Dell XPS 8900 with an Nvidia graphics board), but I was also using an earlier version of Office/Word originally from 2016.
I have also noticed some strange issues with Excel in this version of Office where, when trying to select a whole row, Excel either does nothing or jumps to a different section of the spreadsheet entirely. Also frustrating, but happens less frequently and is less annoying than the Word problem, but maybe is related in some way to the Word problem we are all having??
-
Anonymous
2023-03-12T19:12:41+00:00 I sent my laptop to Lenovo Service again in November because Windows Update randomly nuked BIOS while silently installing firmware update (what the frick, Microsoft?). Lenovo reinstalled the entire thing once again and I haven't seen the issue since. Lenovo reinstalled the laptop for me, disabled integrated GPU and then installed NVIDIA drivers only so I assume the issue might have been caused by Windows' inability to work with two GPUs. This is something Microsoft never addressed and so AMD+NVIDIA setups are broken beyond hope.
Frankly after having so many issues with Windows on this laptop I am honestly considering buying a Mac next time. I am very much done with Microsoft's lack of professionalism regarding NVIDIA Optimus issue and the general lack of support for this feature by neither Microsoft, AMD nor NVIDIA. Moreover the amount of issues caused by Windows Update's mandatory updates made me absolutely hate this OS.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-12T17:06:34+00:00 What I know is:
- it happens on AMD and NVIDIA GPUs
- it happens in Office 2019 and 365, in Word and Outlook at least
- it happens on AMD and INTEL GPU
- it happens in Windows 11
So far I have no info on Windows 10 about this. So to me, this is a Windows (11) issue.